Friday, December 10, 2010

What a difference a chin makes

Just checking in to the blog. Two years out and still feeling good. The weight that has been lifted off of me due to how I felt about my personal appearance is huge. I have a better career now and feel so much better about myself. My jaw is still stiff, and I have never gotten back full range of motion, but it is almost back to normal. Hell, this is my new normal. I don't have any regrets, except that with my new face I look better without bangs (and I LOVE bangs).

It is a scary surgery to think about. It is pretty intense. What a tough choice to make. If I had it to do all over again I would say 100% yes! I might opt out of the chin repositioning (because now I have a really strong chin), but I would not take my decision back for a million dollars. :)

And the healing really wasn't that bad. With proper pain meds and hygiene. It really is a bearable and doable procedure to have. It takes commitment. 1 to 2 years of braces and another year of healing afterward, but I feel it was really REALLY worth it.

I'll check back in soon to see how everyone is doing! Good luck!

No comments: