Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another Surgery

So, now that I have my jaw fixed I am heading down the road to another surgery. You may have noticed that in the photos I have protruding eyes. This is caused by Graves Disease which is an autoimmune disorder. My Doctors are now doing all of the preoperative work for Orbital Decompression, a surgery that will increase the size of my eye sockets and let my eyes sit back in my head where they go. Luckily, I think the healing time for this surgery is 2 days. I'll be glad to be DONE with procedures for a while.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am a bit more sensitive about any one touching my eyes. Will you be able to see when you wake up after surgery or do u have to wear bandages for two days?
Good luck! Hang in there.

Mollieb said...

I don't know...wish I did!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh wow, how sick of doctors are YOU? Any idea when this is happening? With the nature of the surgery, it seems crazy that two days is the recovery!

Good luck to you and keep us posted :)