Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Last OS Follow Up

I had my last follow up with the oral surgeon today. As luck would have it my LAST stitch fell out last night! YES! I did not want him tugging on that. I have no more lugs, a new light wire on my upper teeth, turquoise rubber bands on the bottom, and I can chew my food in two days!

The healing went by quickly. The first three weeks I did not want food too much, so not being able to have it was OK. Then, if I drank enough to stay ahead of the hunger, it never got too bad. Now I am soooo ready to eat, and really can't wait to have simple things like cheerios and french fries. My daughter asks everyday "Mommy, can you chew yet?" It's really sweet.

Overall this experience so far has been a lot better than I expected. Knowing others were going through it at the same time has been a big help.

I can't wait to tell y'all what I have for breakfast on Friday.

2 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

I could have swore I left a comment here earlier...stupid blogger...anyhow,

What did you eat????

Mollieb said...

Ummm...yeah, chewing is not as easy as I thought it would be. It's down right tricky actually. I ate yogurt. :( and pasta that day. I did eat some chips the other day though. VERY SLOWLY!