Sunday, November 9, 2008

Progress

So far I have lost about 6 pounds from my normal weight:
122 to 116. This is good...too much weight loss would have landed me back in the hospital. At least, that was the threat.

I can wear my cute GAP jeans that I have been dying to wear, but were a little too tight.

I can swallow things whole that I never dreamed of eating without chewing.

I can see that most of the swelling has gone down (except for a little on the left and inside my mouth on the right cheek).

I am starting to feel normal.

I can open my mouth two fingers wide.

I am 4 days shy of the six week mark.

It has gone by faster than I thought. I thought about food less than I thought I would. It hasn't been too bad and I feel really lucky that things have gone this well so far. I can't wait to get these lugs off on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Jen said...

LUGS??? do you mean your braces???

Can't really help you with the insurance. Things a differenct here in Oz. I have to buy my own health insurance ($1400PA). Then government pays for 80% of the government standard chanrge and insurance pay for 20%. Most times the surgeon will charge more.
I will be $2000 AUD out of pocket.

Mollieb said...

lugs are the hooks that they use to attach the post surgical rubberbands to. They also use them to wire your jaw shut when they are operating to see how your bite lines up. They are big and cumbersome.

Jen said...

Oh well... Can't believe it takes almost 6 weeks to get them off. So you must have been banded up the whole time.