Thursday, January 8, 2009

Been a While

So, it has been about 3 months since my surgery. Chewing is finally starting to get easier. Still a chore and my mouth does not open like it used to yet. The pain in the joint with chewing is really starting to go down and I have very little numbness and tenderness now. I am still getting use to the way I look. Trying to find a new good smile and all. Overall things are healing nicely. I don't see me biting into any carrots in the near future, but I am healing up!

Chewing is still a bit odd. There are times when I can't figure out if my chewing issues come from getting used to my new bite, or not having the range of motion in opening my jaw yet.

Best of luck to everyone else who is healing out there!

3 comments:

mcgee33 said...

Thanks for the update! You really look fabulous! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you posted all the before and after photos. I keep thinking I'll post, too, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it! Maybe tonight???? Four more days and I'll have to put 'after' pictures on the blog!

holski said...

Thanks for the update Mollie. Glad to hear chewing is getting easier. it's a good feeling eh?

Katherine (Kate) said...

Man alive, I can not believe it's been 3 months already...crazy. Good to hear everything is getting easier, eating-wise. The carrots will come!

Food aside, is it starting to feel more 'normal' (Whatever that is)as in, life feels like it's back where it was before surgery?
Take care :)