Saturday, October 11, 2008

9 days post-op

So, this is my ninth day post-op. My surgery was October 2nd and it seems like eons ago. I was a nervous wreck before hand, but the last thing I remember is them pumping the Versed and me going to lala land. The surgery went well. Because my husband works at the hospital where my surgery was, murphy's law dictates that there be some kind of complication. For me, that involved my nerve running RIGHT ON the jawline where they needed to work...so they really took their time. I had an advancement of 1+cm on the lower jaw and a 4mm advancement of the chin. The drugs that I know I was given are as follows (I can't guarantee these are spelled correctly, I'm not at work):

In the Hospital-
Versed before surgery to relax (love that stuff)
Decadron (steroid for swelling, if they don't push it slow it makes your groin burn!)
Dilaudid for pain
Zofran for nauseau

At Home-
Phenergan for nausea (makes you drowsy too which is a good thing)
Motrin for swelling
Vicodin for take home pain (really helps you sleep)
Clindomycin as a prophylactic antibiotic
Ambien for sleeping (after I stopped taking the vicodin) I had a VERY BAD REACTION to this. Threw up for 24 hours.

My swelling is starting to go down and I can see some of the results. I still have a bandage on my chin to prevent sagging of the muscle in my chin. I can take it off at anytime now, and I think that will be tomorrow.

No comments: