Monday, October 20, 2008

First Day Back in the Saddle

SO I got dressed today (in a very Ellen Degeneres outfit), and headed back to work. It kinda sucked. The pain wasn't bad, but I was very tired and hungry. Despite my planning I did not have all of the things that I wished I had had with me at my desk. I was unable to brush my teeth and I got insanely hungry in the afternoon and really didn't have anything to eat.

My OS has not emailed me back yet, but I go to see him tomorrow and I am hoping that I get lighter rubberbands, the go ahead for cottage cheese, and the note that I am supposed to have for my work saying that I am healthy enough to come back.

The days are getting shorter and cooler, and I like it. I just wish my chin didn't feel so strange because I am a huge fan of the turtleneck. Every time something touches my chin it kind of hurts in this irritating way. Almost like someone touching a sunburn.

Anyway, I am nearly three weeks out and I can't believe it. As much as I miss eating and complain about the pain, the time is going by alright. It's hard to believe I will ever be able to open my mouth all the way again, but I am sure that I will. These rubber bands seem to make my TMJ feel worse. Isn't it ironic that the package they come in says "Bummer" on it?

No comments: