Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moist, Hot Heat

So...today is the four week mark. No more rubber bands...no more splint! I am lined up well (I will attribute this to my diligence in wearing those evil little bands) and go back in two weeks for my last follow up. Then, if all goes well, my doctor will tell me that I can chew! There are so many things I want to eat it is ridiculous! I think about chewable food all the time. It was so nice to brush my teeth!

I was a little more swollen this morning, but I'm ok with that. I know it will go down. I am opening well and I think that with practice and moist, hot heat I will get a good range of motion back.

If you think positively, even when you are bitching and moaning, if you think that you will heal well, I think it really helps!

3 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Aw sweet freedom. What? You don't miss the bands?! Have you gone so far as to decide on the first thing you want to eat when given the all clear, or are the options far too great at this point? Awesome.

Power of positive thinking: totally with you on that one. (Though bitching has it's place too. That misery was hard earned :) )

Jen said...

I'm glad that I found your blog. It does not seem to be connected to your profile.
I didn't realise food would be such an issue. I love food but I'm looking forward to losing a few kg.
Think you said you were around my age (32) and it seems that you have lost a few years. I see a difference of over 10 years. It would be great if you could post a few before shot.

Are you serious about having two surgeons? One on the Right and one on the Left ;-)

Mollieb said...

Hi Jen,
I am not sure why my profile is not connected to the blog. I'll look into that! I am almost 32, but I have always looked younger than my age. I do think that I look a bit younger now too though. Making my face bigger pulled the skin a little tighter I guess! LOL

I did have two surgeons, one on each side. My lead surgeon was on the right. The other surgeon, who is just as qualified (but I was not his patient specifically) worked with him and worked on the left side.