Saturday, October 25, 2008

When I Say Surgery You Say Hungry...Surgery...

Those who have had the surery already feel my pain, and those who have not soon will. The first week or so, I was not struggling to not eat. My mouth hurt, did not open very far, and I really did not have any desire to even entertain the notion of solids. I just rocked the CIB (Carnation Instant Breakfast) for those in the know and that worked just fine. Now that I can open my mouth and am feeling better, but can't eat, I am having to come up with creative ways to fulfill that food desire. I thought I would post some of my concoctions here.

My OS said anything that I can eat without chewing is fair game. I have found that eating with a plastic children's zoo pals fork is the easiest thing to do. The spoos are good too, but the forks fit better in my mouth.

I don't like to eat things in a state other than their intended texture. I'm just weird that way. I did take some refried beans and thin them out with salsa...put some cheese in and got it good and melted stirred it all up and ate it very very slowly, careful not to have any chunks and just swallow it whole.

I also made a well cooked baked potato, mashed it all up with some sourcream, salsa, and cheese and ate that. I'm eating it right now actually. It's really good. I put very small bites in my mouth at a time to avoid the reflex to try and chew.

These are two things that I find to be satisfying, flavorful, not weird in texture, and that I have no problem eating without chewing. Of course, if you hurt yourself eating any of these concoctions, it's not my fault! : )

No comments: