Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing Chewing

So, so far I haven't missed food too much. I mean, I think about it a lot, but I expected that I would be so terribly tortured wanting to eat solid food. I guess the pain and tightness is a natural deterrent to this.

Today, against my better judgement, I blenderized something. It was lentil soup and it looked like shit. Like brown runny poo. I couldn't get past that. I took two bites and thought I was going to barf, and I chucked it down the disposal and opted for some tomato soup which in someway now seemed tainted. This is the first day wen I really missed food, real food.

I also realized today that I will never look the same again. That's not a bad thing, but as the swelling goes down I look in the mirror and I see me, but it does not quite look like me. That will take some getting used to, but I am looking forward to that part. I still want to wear the hat. My chin is still sticky (I wonder if this stuff will ever go away) and when my hair touched my chin it sets off this irritating tingle all through my chin, which is really hard to get rid of.

The numbness is not really numb. I do have a few spots that I can't feel at all, but most spots have this irritating tingle that seems to pulse with my pulse. It is a little like chewing on metal.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I am having lower jaw surgery and genioplasty on September 22nd. I found your blog and you seem to have had the same type of surgery closest to what I will be having. I am just starting on your blog. My question for this entry is...you mentioned that your chin is still sticky, why is that? I look forward to reading your blog :)