Friday, October 17, 2008

Is it Day 14 or 15?

So I had my surgery two weeks ago yesterday. Do you count the day of the surgery as the first day or not. My husband and I have been debating this. I had my surgery at 730 in the morning, so I kind of think it counts a little. Let's call today Day 14.5.

A lot of the feeling is coming back into my lip, but my chin is still driving me nuts. I still have good nights and bad nights with the sleeping, but the majority of the pain in my joints is gone. I am trying to be extremely diligent about oral hygiene. I don't want anything to get messed up. I brush with a children's toothbrush because it fits better in my mouth right now. I am able to open a little over one finger though and I am working on increasing that each time I take my rubber bands off to eat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you already are regaining feeling! I'm still completely numb in many areas. :(

Katherine (Kate) said...

Hi! Wanted to let you know I've enjoyed reading your account of surgery and am rooting for your ongoing recovery. Sounds like everything is going really well (all things considered, right? :) )

Question for ya: How did your daughter react to mom not looking quite the same? Was she okay with the "not so pretty stages" of coming home all swollen and difficulty talking? I worry a bit about what my kids reactions will be.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us. May I add you to my Blog links?
Take care