Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle...I Mean Exam Chair

So, today I went back to the OS due to an increase in swelling and numbness. He said everything still looks good, and that my xray they lost Tuesday (and found) looks good. He is putting me on antibiotics to be proactive because if there is an infection it could hamper the bone's ability to heal. Other than that the visit was uneventful.

I have the urge to try to eat at Jason's Deli tonight. They have baked potatoes which I think I could manage and vegetarian french onion soup, which, without the cheese melted on top should go down smoothly. We'll see what the husband's take on this plan is after he gets home. Since I am starting to feel a little better I have a huge urge to eat! I want food! Three weeks left on the no-chew diet. It is amazing the things that you can swallow whole when the desire is there.

Last night was a bit rough because I was feeling a little under the weather. I was torn between taking vicodin or tylenol PM to help me sleep. I went with the tylenol which did not help at all. Everyone I know raves about that stuff, but it had little to no effect on me. Whatever!

1 comment:

Katherine (Kate) said...

OOh Yum~ French Onion Soup! So perfect for a cool fall day. Good news that you're feeling better so no doubts you'll be experimenting with all sorts of "new" food.

Let me guess...you'll be going for the Vicodin tonight? :)