Monday, October 27, 2008

The Up and Downs

I have not posted a new picture in a while because nothing in the way I look has really changed since the last one I posted. The swelling is about the same...still waiting for that to go down. I am still having some pain. I was really sore today. I chalk this up to the fact that I am back at work, talking and working and just tiring myself out. I am eating a lot more these days which is nice. It's still a bit of a chore to undertake, so that may be contributing to the soreness as well. My stitches are really starting to fall out now, and there are big strings all over my mouth. I am sure my OS will cut them when I go back on Wednesday. As of today (if you count the day of surgery) I am 25 days out. It has gone by quickly and I really can't believe it. I am so happy with my profile. I really can't see what I look like head on yet as the swelling is much more obvious from that position. I know that I will be wearing new haircuts, hiding my chin less, and have much more confidence in my appearance. Unlike most of the people out there, my motivation for the surgery was much more about appearance than function. I don't care if people look at me from the side anymore, which is something that I used to expend great amounts of energy on in the past to avoid. I know I still have a long way to go in the healing process, and that I have a few more months (6?) of braces left and metal in my face for the rest of my life, but I truly think that it was worth it all: Pain, waiting, discomfort, apprehension, sacrifice...it was worth it. I feel like me now, and it's a good feeling!

No comments: